1 Medium head cauliflower
1 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
1/4 C grated Parmesan (or your favorite cheese)
1/2 Tsp minced garlic (or garlic powder)
1/8 Tsp straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt or 2 Tbsp broth)
1/8 Tsp black pepper
1/2 Tsp chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
Optional: 1/4 C buttermilk or skim milk
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook cauliflower in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and black pepper until almost smooth.
- (Optional) Garnish with chives
- Serve hot with pats of butter.
*Another way to whip up mashed cauliflower is to use your mashed potato recipe, just forgo the potatoes*