Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Music In My Life

 I'm a music lover and hold a special place in my heart for Jazz. I've always loved big band swing but my ears were graciously opened to more wonderful genres of Jazz, after taking a History of Jazz college course.

Whenever I need to relax or have the urge to enjoy true music and genius talent (Okay, yes, that's a jab to many of today's artists), I'll play some old jazz videos. I want to share a few of my current favorite songs. These songs have been played so much that I'm pretty sure the apartment walls could even sing along, having mesmerize every word and note.

There's nothing better than closing your eyes and letting your imagination run wild while listening to Miles Davis or Charlie Parker (The Bird). When I want to feel true raw emotion, my speakers pour out Billie Holiday. When I need a boost of energy and just want to feel alive, I listen and dance to big band.

Let me know if you have a favorite Jazz musician or singer
Enjoy!


4 comments:

Sam said...

I always say the music a person listens to somehow defines them. And for me Jazz equals elegance, poise and class. I am not familiar with too many old school jazz singers but I do enjoy some of the new aged ones.
Great videos!

Anonymous said...

oh, dear where to start.. I love love Jazz Music.. Nina, Aretha, Miles, Coltrane etc.. you name it! xo

Tiffany Kadani said...

You are a woman of my heart. Jazz... it gets me everytime.

Emmett Katherine said...

I really like jazz too! I don't know many artist off the top of my head though, I do have a bunch of good stuff I got from itunes (friends recommendation!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...