Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trend: Gingham & How To Wear It

What do you think of when you see gingham? Does images of picnics and Dorothy from Wizard of Oz pop up? It's understandable because it sure does for me! This season designers and chic bloggers have been able to breath new life into gingham and style it uniquely. Here are some outfit ideas by a few of my favorite bloggers on how not to look like a picnic table.



Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere (post)


She infused a '70s vibe with light colored flared denim, Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses, vintage scarf, platform shoes, and a Mulberry bag
Gingham on gingham by Rags For Riches (post)
Pinned Image
Blue gingham blouse paired with pearls, neutral skirt, and black accessories by The Pink Peonies
  
Liz Cherk of Late Afternoon (post)
Liz dons a matchy red outfit with contrasting patterns (stripes & gingham)


Tips
  • Use it as an accent piece - wear one piece of gingham
  • Don't be afraid to stray away from blue and red (try yellow or mint)
  • Add punches of gingham through accessories and shoes
  • The smaller the gingham pattern, the less tablecloth-y the look
  • Keep it looking sharp and tailored
  • To stay away from the country bumpkin look, mix in modern pieces
  • Try mixing patterns and colors for a more dimensional look
  • When wearing a gingham dress, add a light faded denim jacket and killer nude heels 


 Are you into gingham?
Does it belong in your closet or on the picnic table?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous ... love the retro style pieces! xo

Iqra said...

I love this vintage trend, I hope it sticks around. Great post, the pics are really inspiring.

xoxo,
Iqra


masaladiary.blogspot.com

Lauren Dimesky said...

may look for this trend now that you've opened my eyes about it--looks very cute on you!

-Lauren
http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great inspiration, they all rocked their outfits beautifully!

Taryn said...

Gingham is both classic and flirty, these photos are such cute inspiration! :)

sip-n-wear said...

i think gingham can be in your closet and on the picnic table!

betty said...

love this !!! i wanted some check shirt but wasnt sure .. but Now iam :) x

Emmett Katherine said...

I like gingham, and my favourite look is when it's worn with another print. I love Riches for Rags' outfit :)

Clara Turbay said...

amazing looks!

Audrey Allure said...

I think it's a really cute print! Love the way these amazing bloggers wore it.

Sam said...

Hi Hun, great post, I do like this print, even more now since I've seen all these lovely style pics you have put together

Wynne Prasetyo said...

these inspired me to wear my gingham shirts again!



WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

cecylia said...

I am a huge fan of ginham! Thank you for sharing all the great ideas- love the big red/white checks :)

Ivana said...

This is such a fabulous pattern, and I love all your picks, they are all so inspiring! Now I'll have to hunt down some gingham piece for my own wardrobe :)

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Tiffany Kadani said...

I adore that last outfit! I think one can pull it off if they had confidence.

DORIS said...

All of those outfits are really fantastic. Your blog is amazing!
-Doris

Frank Vinyl said...

im not especially into it but i love the look on these girls :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...