In the original recipe, it called for the oven to be at 500 for 10 minutes. During the time, both alarms went off and I panicked because I could hardly reach to turn them off. Thank heavens for my trusty little black Target stool for helping me with the downstairs detector. Turning the upstairs one was tricky. I was still too short with the stool to twist it off. I tried throwing my lotion bottle at it to stop, nothing. I used a broomstick, nothing. Finally I pulled out my computer chair from my office, climbed on it (did I mention my chair was on wheels and I'm terrified of heights?) and was able to twist the damn thing off. So with all that being said, there is no Finished/Done photo. The fries still tasted good too!
5-8 large carrots
1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
Salt and pepper
Pinch of garlic and onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and cut carrots into 1-inch fries. Be careful with cutting the carrots, keep a steady hand.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients but salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Pour out tossed ingredients onto a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stir occasionally (you must stir or the fries will stick!).
- Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top of baked fries and serve hot.
What kind of other "fries" do you prefer?