I took pictures of the baking process so you can see what it looks like. I apologize a head of time for the lack of professionalism in the photography, my IPhone can only do so much :)
For the cake
1 box of classic yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz) Pureed pumpkin
For the glaze
3 Tbsp apple cider
1.5 cups powdered sugar
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Pour cake mix and pureed pumpkin into a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer or stand mixer beat until well incorporated. The batter will be very thick, but will come together nicely. There will be no need for oil or eggs.
- Pour batter into a small greased pan and bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Let cake cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a platter.
- While waiting for the cake to bake, proceed to make the glaze.
- For the glaze mix, pour in the apple cider, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice a small bowl. Mix gently. Glaze should be thick but pourable.
- Pour glaze over the cake while still warm and same some to pour over each slice when served.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
There you have it. A classic pumpkin cake without oil, eggs, and less fat but with the yummy creamy fatty taste (that's a win-win right there!).
What's your favorite pumpkin baked goody?