Friday, September 14, 2012

DIY: Cloud Lantern

As an avid Pinterest-er, I dreamt of actually recreating a pin, whether it's trying out a new recipe or a DIY project. Well, I've done it! I saw an amazing cool DIY pin and I actually tried it out. So proud ;)

The pin I recreated was the glowing cloud lantern. My cloud isn't as heavenly beautiful as the one featured in the Pinterest picture but it's still not bad, especially for my first try.

Cloud Lights - First, you need some cotton batting, a paper lantern, and three flameless candles, the type that Glade sells. Pull at the cotton batting until it looks fluffy, light, and cloud-like. Then, hot glue it to the outside of the paper lantern in various places. Make sure it´s fluffed to your liking, then light the lights and stick them inside. Hang the lantern wherever you´d like.
Source


HOW TO

MATERIALS 
Luxury fiberfill or poly batting (Pinterest calls for cotton batting but I couldn't stretch it out)
White paper lanterns
Hot glue gun and glue stick
String or fishing line
LED Flameless light (tea lights work best for me) 


INSTRUCTIONS
Hot glue the material to the lantern's outside. Stretch and pull the material until you're satisfied with the shape and style. If your lantern has two openings, place a piece of white computer paper inside to block the bottom up for the flameless candles. Then apply the string through the metal holes and make a loop for the lantern to be hung.


Material used

See how it already looks like a cloud



Okay, couldn't find white but silver is close


Here's my version. I'm still looking for perfect place to hang it. Eventually I'll make a couple more so it'll look like a complete set.

Finished product

Can you see my cat in the back? Haha!




Have you tried to recreate a Pinterest pin?

5 comments:

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

Oh, this is really cute :).

Anonymous said...

Love it!! You did an awesome job!!

Unknown said...

That looks like a very nice element! Thanks for sharing this!

I'd love if you visited my blog at Missingsparkles.com. It would be fun to follow each other, don't you think? ;)

xoxo, Minna

Blogger
Bloglovin
Facebook

MelaniƩ said...

Wow, great Tutorial.

Unknown said...

OMG this is so cute! I love it and I want one.
- Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...