1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp honey
1 pinch of salt
(Optional: herbs e.g. cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, paprika, garlic)
- Pour heavy cream, honey, and any optional herbs into large bowl.
- Using a hand or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, mix on highest speed you can go without splattering cream everywhere (medium high for me) for 10 minutes.
- It will take about 10 minutes to take your whipping cream to the butter stage. Let’s break it down.
- In the first few minutes, the mixture will turn into honey whipped cream (good to know if I want to make fresh whipped cream).
- After a couple more minutes, the mixture will start to clump up, and by the 7 or 8 minutes mark, the butter will really separate from a liquid that collects at the bottom of the bowl. This is true buttermilk!
- Once the butter has clumped up, scoop it out from the bowl and form it into whatever shape you like. I usually use a disher to portion it out into little balls. Spread it on pancakes, muffins, toast, whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!!!
|Creamy honey butter|
What's your favorite flavor of butter?