- Matte and glossy Mod Podge
- Paper towels
- Thick and wide paint brush
- Food coloring (blue + green)
- Vase or jar
- Lamp kit
1) Mix matte mod podge with 3 drops blue and 4 drops green
2) Paint first coat all over vase (not the inside!)
3) Do one more coat (then crumble piece of paper towel and dab on vase for texture - OPTIONAL)
4) Let dry then follow the make-your-own-lamp kit's directions and then viola!
The color is on the darker scale but I also have pretty bad lighting in my living room. I got the vase from Savers ($10) and the shade is from another lamp I have. I'm not too thrilled with the shade and I'm on the hunt for the perfect shade, maybe another run to Target? I got the lamp kit from Home Depot but they can also be purchased from almost every arts & crafts store. The whole project took me about 1.5 days to complete and it IS easy!
Are you into DIY crafts?
Would you rather scrimp and save for the original or DIY?