Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ciate Caviar Manicure

Sephora has just announced a new product called the Ciate Caviar Manicure, $25. It's a kit  that comes with one .45oz.  nail polish and one .47oz caviar beads, a funnel, and a tray. The polish color options are: Strawberry Milkshake (light pink) with Rainbow beads, Snow Virgin (white), with Mother of Pearl beads or Ghetto Fabulous (black) combined Black Pearls beads.  You apply the bead-free polish on first and then while the paint is still wet, apply the beads, let set for at least 15 minutes. The pearlescent beads create a 3D effect and the manicure lasts for 48 hours.

The beads remind me of  the sprinkles that you use for ice cream sundaes or little sugar balls used to decorate cakes. I really want the Strawberry Milkshake and Rainbow beads. I wish I was more skilled with nail art. They always end up looking like my baby niece did them. But this nail art might be simplistic enough even for me and I'll look more artisic and cooler than I really am :) If you're feeling bold and looking to spice things up, click here. Let me me how it turned out for you, send me a picture through twitter!


Strawberry Milkshake polish and Rainbow beads
 
Snow Virgin polish and Mother of Pearl beads
 
Ghetto Fabulous polish and Black Pearls beads

How To Apply

 DIY

For us gals on a budget and can't justify spending $25 on Sephora's kit, I did some digging around for a more affordable "knock-off"option. I came across Martha Steward's Micro beads 12 pack of various colors for $12.73 through Sears (other stores like Joann sells the same beads for almost TWICE as much). You can also run to your local grocery store and pick up some edible beads used for baking, still works and taste yummy! A tip: apply a thin layer of top coat along the tip of the nail to create a seal.


DIY results

Are you adventurous with nails or do you keep it simple?
Would you buy the kit or DIY?

10 comments:

Sam said...

Oh wow! These are absolutely amazing! You're right, it does look like sprinkles, and edible :)
Really wondrous product.

Unknown said...

amazing nails!
Would you like to follow each other?
COME AND WIN ONE OF THESE LOTUS MENDES RINGS
xoxo
Faby

Anonymous said...

wow, those candy nails look amazing..so much fun to do!

Unknown said...

Interesting concept...but I don't think I'd want to try it
xo Jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

betty said...

this is amzxing thanks for sharing !! great blog hope u can visit my blog too x

http://betty-freestylescraps.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Love this post, will be trying this! Following you dear, stop by my blog!
xx
stylesplice.blogspot.com

Iris said...

Amazing ! :)

Coffee Cream and the Caffeine said...

So cute ! That sprinkle effect was amazing :)

www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Thanks for your comments doll, hope your week is going well.

Stacy said...

love it, so perfect!

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.ca/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...