Saturday, February 25, 2012

Peeking Behind The Blogger Curtain

Vintage Danielle has been up and running since August of 2011, so quite recently. As I look through the older posts and pages, I got the impression that my readers might not really know who I am. I do have an About and My Family page but they only provide a quick peek. If you'll let me, I'd like to step out from behind the blogger curtain, just for a moment (like in Wizard of Oz) to share myself with you. Let's see, what can I say that hasn't already been said....

  • I am 21 going onto 22 on March 24 (Aries baby)
  • I'm more than ready yet terrified to graduate college. My whole life has been centered about school so it'll be strange to move on.
  • I was born with Nager syndrome, which is a rare craniofacial disease that includes underdevelopment of the facial bones/features and lack of the 3 little inner ear bones. I do wear tiny hearing aids and have had about 20 operations, I'll be having a corrective jaw surgery within the next two years (my mouth will be wired shut for 3-4 weeks, ahh!)
  • I'm self-conscious of my eyes, due to the syndrome, but I'm slowly trying to cope with it. 
  • My mom is my rock and my main support system. She's always been so supportive and wants me to be happy. How lucky am I? 
  • I'm the only child in my family and loved it! More Disney trips, ice cream sundaes, toys, and hugs for me :) 
  • I'm more introverted than extroverted. Now you can say that it's due to my syndrome; I was shy as a child and it carried through into my early adults years OR it could be due to the fact that many people annoy me and I rather just be away from that. However, when I'm in a small group, I'm more myself. 
  • I grew up watching I Love Lucy which started my love for all things vintage.
  • I always wanted to be a Broadway actress and live in NYC for a year.

 I hope you enjoyed getting a clearer and deeper picture of who the girl behind Vintage Danielle is!



12 comments:

Audrey Allure said...

I also consider myself an introvert - pretty much quiet until I get to know someone, then I don't shut up! haha. Well stay beautiful & if you ever come to NYC, email me - I'll give you some great tips :)

Gingersnap said...

I too am an introvert, preferring to be indoors alone with books or writing/painting with my cat, lol. Though I do love the gallery scene. I'm wishing you the best of everything and understand a lot of what you're going through. Hopefully the surgery goes well, my vintage loving friend! What an adorable pic! :)

Sam said...

Hi darling, welcome from behind the curtain, this was great getting to know you a little better! I also an introvert, not good with large groups. You are so brave and inspiring about your condition, i admire you so much for that! I had no idea about it. You are lucky to have a good support group. You are a wonderful person and I wish you all the best with your surgery.

Dancing Branflake said...

You are such a beautiful woman! I had no clue you had this syndrome- clearly you are a natural beauty. But more importantly, you have so much in your life beyond that. Hope all goes well with your surgeries. You will do amazing!

Minna said...

Nice blog! I'd be happy if you visited mine and became a follower! :)

Missingsparkles.com
INT'L GIVEAWAY

♥,
Minna

Emmett Katherine said...

I'm a bit of an introvert/ shy until you get to know me as well. The most surprising I learned was your age! You come across as very mature & self assured I thought you were 25ish! You have a beautiful smile, good luck with your future surgery. You are resilient :)

I enjoyed this personal post

Em K

JustPatience said...

I am an Aries baby too. You are such a strong beautiful woman.

www.justpatience.com

VintageDanielle said...

Thanks dolls for leaving such encouraging and beautiful words :D

SomeKindOfStyle said...

so lovely, which reminds me I need to get an About Page finally! now what only to write about myself,haha!

oh, love NYC and Broadway so I guess you are a fan of the new hit TV Show Smash?! have u seen it! I love it! hope to chit chat more ..about musicals and NYC perhaps! xo

@somekindofstyle

Flashes of Style said...

So cute! <3

xoxo,

Bonnie

lucia m said...

LOVE THE DRESS!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Mom Fashion World said...

Oh, March 24!
It will be my 5th wedding anniversary!
I will never forget your birthdahy :)

COme visit my blog and let's follow each other
on GFC, darling.

http://www.momfashionworld.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...