Based on the wedding date, location, and invitation, you can determine the proper dress code. But if you're still unsure, it's best to just ask the bride or groom. It's better to ask than to be sorry and come over or under dressed.
Here are general DOS and DON'TS
1. DON'T wear white, silver, cream, or any color similar to white, It's just bad taste. Let the bride have her day.
2. DO think ahead about the location and weather when it comes to your shoes and fabric of the dress. You don't want to wear heavy fabric to an outdoor July wedding nor a light and airy dress to a winter wedding.
3. Speaking of shoes, DO find fabulous and comfy heels so you can dance all night without getting painful blisters!
4. Leave the cleavage baring dresses at home. DON'T outsex or outdo the bride but that doesn't mean you can't show off your toned arms or legs. Dress tastefully and if you're unsure, then it's best pick something else.
5. You DON'T need to run out and buy a whole new outfit for every wedding, unless you want to. As long as majority of the party hasn't seen you in that dress, then go ahead a rock what's already in your closet. If you only have one wedding 'type' outfit and its been seen before and can't afford to buy a new one then try changing up your heels, accessories, and hair style for a new look.
BLACK TIE OPTIONAL
Let's Hang Out!!!