Thursday, March 15, 2012

Signature Scent

Have you ever had a signature perfume that you wore in high school or college? There is one perfume that never fails to transport me back into my high school days, filled with puppy love, staying after school with Johnny, sweet scented spring air, giggles, handholding, and love notes. Ralph Lauren's Romance does that for me. I typically enjoy fruity or citrus scents rather than floral and musk but there is just something about it. For those who are not familiar with Romance, it includes notes of sungoddess rose, marigold, ginger, chamomile oil, yellow freesia, white violet, lotus flower, day lily, patchouli, oakmoss, and musk. Ralph Lauren and Sephora describes Romance as "the women's fragrance that evokes the timeless essence of falling in love..." and boy they are right!

The advertisements for Romance are sensual, liberating, passionate, dreamy, and involves every girl's fantasy. In high school, I'd ripped out the ads and plastered them on my closet door, along with other posters and pictures. I even had to hid the bottle from my younger cousin so she wouldn't use it all (ha ha memories).



Horses, grassy field, stunning dress, handsome man, and sweet kiss, so charming

 Pin It





Everyone loves a black and white dreamy photograph with a starry-eyed girl and comforting man




Did you have a signature fragrance in high school or college?  What's your favorite perfume?
I'd love to read your stories connected to your signature scent in the comment section :)

9 comments:

Evi said...

My favorite perfume is Calvin Klein - Euphoria ;)

Would you like to follow each other?

Evi xoxo

http://thenotebookofafashionlover.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi beauty,
I just found your blog & I just adore it !
My favourite perfume is CHANCE by CHANEL

If you like my blog too,WE COULD FOLLOW EACH OTHER!!! ;) ;)
I'LL WAIT YOUR ANSWER ON MY BLOG...TELL ME IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG AND IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW IT!!! :) :) THEN I'LL FOLLOW YOU BACK... ;) ;)

www.thechicetoile.com

xoxoxo,Francesca

Clara Turbay said...

full of style and good ideas.

Audrey Allure said...

In high school I went through Tommy Hilfiger's 10 TommyGirl and CK's One Summer. I still use CK every now and then but I'm also loving Miss Dior Cherie :)

Lara Rose said...

my favourite is Daisy from Marc Jacobs! Love the pictures

Sam said...

I have actually never smelled the Ralph Lauren scent and after reading this, I'd really like to. I have not yet found a signature scent, I use probably ten different perfumes at a time. An old favourite is Dolce & Gabbana 'The One'

Emmett Katherine said...

right now my favourite scent is cK one (calvin klein) it was the first perfume I ever owned. I cycle between that and cK be for years before moving onto something else. Now I'm back to my old time fave :)

Taylor Morgan said...

i want it! I need more perfume.

xoxo,
Taylor

taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am the same as Audrey - Tommy Girl was a big one for me at school!

http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...