Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The First All Diamond Ring

Diamonds are a girl's best friend and with this ring, she'll never be lonely. Shawish Jewelry is selling the first all diamond ring for approximately $70 million. It's 150 carats and was cut out of a single diamond rock! It took one year to be made mostly due to getting the copyright for the design and purchasing a special laser to create the perfect circle for the band. The design is so simple yet overwhelming, pure yet complex. Who would buy this? Honestly, even if I had the money to spend I wouldn't. It reminds me of costume jewelry and those candy ring lollipops although I know the ring doesn't really look like either.





If you could, would you buy it?
Is it too much or pure perfection?
Could this be a new trend for affordable knock-off rings?

13 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Wow! That is crazy! I don't know if I'd feel comfortable wearing it. But I do like looking at it!

Adriana said...

That is beautiful! I had never seen it or heard of it!

Anonymous said...

oh dear, how amazing is that! first time see.. but wouldn't wanna have it for the world.. haha ;)

Sam said...

Oh wow, I haven't seen this before...you're right hun, even with all the money, its not worth buying...its far too much to wear, but maybe if you're a grand diamond collector, it would be like collecting art?

Bonnie said...

If Mr. A really loved me, he would buy this for me.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Audrey Allure said...

Wow, that's incredible! I wouldn't buy it though but if I did I probably would never wear it lol.

Karen90 said...

Wow, thanks for sharing, I think that will be too much XD!

Latest Post: I'm Ready to Scarify to be a Toy



Support/Like: Nature Owlet - The MNS Shop 

Post: Nature Owlet - The MNS Shop

Life's a shoe said...

oooh i was reading and checking this out last week on the news too, it's awesome and unique but I dont think I would buy it!

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Wow...No words!!

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It looks gorgeous, that's for sure. But I would fell bad paying so much for it.
Please check out my blog too at Miss Tangerine :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The ring is beautiful! I would definitely buy it if I was a billionaire and had that kind of money to spend on a ring.

Unknown said...

I might just so I could say I had it! But... $70 million?! Yikes!
-Jenny
http://thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...