Before you go to bed, take some Vaseline aka pure petroleum jelly and slather it on your hands and feet. Then put on thin cotton gloves and heavy fuzzy socks (the ones that you always get for Christmas) and wear them throughout the night. Repeat for a couple of nights and you'll have soft, smooth, touchable hands and feet. If your elbows are getting rough, apply a small amount and you won't need to cover them up. When you wake up, your hands and feet won't feel sticky or slimy or oily, just soft. Even your cuticles will become stronger and healthier.
What I love about this idea is that it's very inexpensive and you get fast results. The goo is made from natural oils and healthy ingredients. Lotions don't do the job for me. I found out that almost all lotions contain a large amount of alcohol ingredients which of course dries out the skin. I love this jelly because there is no alcohol.
Other Fabulous Uses
- Lipbalm: It's a great lip conditioner that you can apply over night or during the day as a clear chapstick.
- Eyelashes: Rubbing a tiny amount will repair and strengthen your lashes which will result in longer and fuller looking lashes
- Eyebrows: If your eyebrows are acting out of control, using a small amount will keep your brows groomed and in shape.
- Makeup removal: Its natural ingredients allow for easy makeup removal
- Makeup: You can mix together pigments and the jelly and create a cream based lipstick, eye shadow, and lip gloss.
Have you used petroleum jelly?