Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jason Wu for Nordstrom

After a successful collaboration with Target, Jason Wu has partnered with Nordstrom. Jason Wu will introduce Miss Wu, a younger (teens and young women) and modern collection. It's a 1960s mod-inspired 40 piece line that'll be feminine with great use of printed shifts, floral skirts, striped tops. and bows. The collection will be available through VIA C's department in January 2013. Unlike Target's collection, the prices are higher; ranging from $195 (blouse) to $705 (leather jacket). 

When speaking about his new collection, Wu had this to say, "Instead of just doing ‘Jason Wu-for-less,’ the idea is to explore the other side of myself. I always see Jason Wu [the collection] as my aesthetic, my design sensibility. Miss Wu is my personality. It was really fun to explore that facet of who I am — slightly more downtown, and with a more relaxed attitude".

It's nice to see that Miss Wu will be created with a more personal touch. Although I'm not sure I would personally purchase from the collection, it's nice to Jason Wu reach all budgets, ranging from Target to Nordstrom.

The long term plan is after the one year exclusive contract to bring Miss Wu into wholesale and expand into accessories by 2014.

Image via Jason Wu
Image via Jason Wu

16 comments:

Sam said...

Any collaboration that has Jason Wu involved has to be good! He has a keen eye for modern fashion and its so exciting to see that transferred into a more mainstream line.

Sandy a la Mode said...

what a cool collab! i love my jason wu for target items!

Golden Cheer Grahams said...

Love those kind of hat ! And the second skirt is so cute !
Great selection !

Anonymous said...

adorable..wish we could buy it over here! xo

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

I love it! I wish we have nordstrom in my country!

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

That first dress is perfect, I love it!

Eimear O'Reilly Stylist said...

i love your blog hun. i see you like vintage, im the same, love the 1920s to the 1960s not mad about the 80s like everyone else! I have a new post up about a stylist comp i'm taking part in!would love to know what you think. following you now!

http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie

Ivana said...

Oh wow, this just made my fashion heart skip a beat. I can't wait to discover the whole collection, and maybe snatch a piece or two :) I love Jason Wu!

Have a great weekend, sweetie!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Test said...

Love the patterns!

Sam said...

Hey darling, hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Emmett Katherine said...

Ummm, Nordstroms is coming to my city (Ottawa) this fall!! very excited that canadians will finally have access to these cool designer collabs!

NaNa said...

These items are quite lovely. I'm sure it would be an amazing collection! =)

Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

.sabo skirt. said...

Nice lovely outfit! We love it!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

So cute! Love his designs.

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

Hello! I just came across your blog! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :) xo, elle from Living in Color.

Fash Boulevard said...

obsessed with these looks. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...